February 14, 2013

Valentine's Day Dinner

A beautiful dozen of roses
A long day of foody and cocktail (drink post forthcoming) adventures. Although we've been cooking steak almost every week since last semester, I just never bothered to blog about it. Valentine's Day seemed like an appropriate time to finally gave the steak the spotlight.


I usually use Montreal Steak Seasoning for steaks since it seasons the meat to the perfect level of saltiness but since I've run out, I just combined all of the seasonings in our pantry. V decided to also add Jack Daniels BBQ sauce to his which I must say, was a rather good call.



I use whatever wine we have left over in the fridge since we never seem to be able to finish a full bottle for dinner. It makes such a huge difference in keeping the meat moist. For a 2 inch steak, sear on high for a few seconds on all sides, turn down to medium-high and cook for 6 minutes on each side. Add wine, herbs and mushrooms when you turn down the heat. When we are feeling ambitious, we also baste the wine on the meat for a few minutes.


Mmm, this beats a steakhouse any day :)

No comments:

Post a Comment