June 7, 2011

From one city to another

My promise to go back to Garces Trading Co was finally fulfilled on Friday night when I went for a farewell dinner with my parents. The place was obviously packed by 7pm but we were lucky enough to snag a portion of the community table right away. Here's the last Garces post on their desserts.

[Chef's Selection of Cheeses] No I don't remember the names of the cheeses but they were really yummy. There was a chilli cranberry condiment with one of them and I do vaguely recall a goat's milk blue cheese.


[Margherita Flatbread Pizza]
[Lamb Merguez Flatbread Pizza] Chickpea garlic puree, piquillo peppers, & marinated feta. DELICIOUS DELICIOUS LAMB. OMG.

[Lyonnaise Duck Salad] Duck Confit, poached egg & bacon lardons. Probably one of the best salads I have ever had since it wasn't really a salad :p
Speaking of which, it is beer week in Philadelphia and Garces is hosting a $75 dinner with Flying Fish Brewing Co. Man did I pick the wrong weekend to leave town. Oh well, there is always next year.

So I'm all moved into my apartment in NYC! Here are some snapshots of brunch from Sunday morning at Cafe Cielo. I don't start work for another week so I've spent the last two days literally walking the stretch of Manhattan from the Upper East Side all the way down to Chinatown and back. Unfortunately, the internet in our apartment is severely lacking but hopefully, I will have all the details tomorrow when I find better internet connection!


[Complimentary Mimosa]
[French Toast, Bacon and Eggs]

[Eggs Florentine]
[Scrambled Eggs, Potato, Sausage & Toast]
And a shot of my lovely new roommates :)

I can't wait to see what this summer has in store (especially food-wise)!

No comments:

Post a Comment