June 16, 2011

Vegetables!

Who knew that my second most exciting discovery upon arriving to NYC would be a random, half-hidden farmer's market on the outskirts of Hell's Kitchen? Kind of weird, yes but growing up in a family that was a little fresh produce obsessed, I was really really excited to finally be able to buy real fruit and vegetables!  Up until now, the only place that I could buy groceries from was this shady "Food Emporium" where the back of the store smelled like fish that had been sitting on ice for an unsanitary amount of time. Needless to say, this was a great discovery because they were selling eggplants for $1. So naturally I bought a big fat eggplant and started cooking dinner at 3:30pm.

Ingredients: 1 large eggplant , 2 cloves of garlic, 1 tomato 
Seasonings: Salt & Pepper,  Oil, garlic powder
For the curry: 1/4 cup TJ curry sauce, 2 tbs half & half
Cook eggplants for 5 minutes with 1/4 cup of water until softened. Add garlic, tomatoes and seasonings and simmer for another 5 minutes. Add curry sauce and cream. Cook for 5 more minutes. [give or take on the cooking time]. I honestly have no idea since I don't pay attention when I am cooking.  Anyways, this big hefty dish lasted me almost three days haha.

No comments:

Post a Comment