March 6, 2011

"We don't have ethnic food where I'm from"

My friend's friend from Virginia visited this past weekend and apparently, according to him, in the middle of Virginia, all you eat is non-ethnic food (whatever that means). So naturally, we had to show this guy all the wonderful things he was missing. It also meant we weren't having Italian for dinner.

 It seems Banana Leaf has always been a staple in the Penn community (and probably the Philadelphia community in general) and while I've always been pretty indifferent in my opinion of the restaurant, I was surprisingly pleased with our dinner choices last night. And I was also finally able to snag a better picture of my favorite dish, nasi lemak.


Chicken satay with a (surprisingly) sweet peanut sauce and Roti Canai aka Indian bread (lol).

Chow Kueh Teow: stir fried noodles with seafood.

Nasi lemak! 
Pad Thai. I'm a big fan of this pad thai. Its sweeter and less oily than the usual pad thai that other places on campus serve.

No comments:

Post a Comment