November 28, 2010

Bubbles & Berries


Back at Penn already! 4 days of non-stop sleep, home-cooked meals, movie watching and black friday shopping (in that order) means I am fully recharged and ready to finish out the semester :). Headed in to Penn a day early to catch up with one of my favoritest people in the world and also to give some photography lessons (never mind the fact that all I really know is how to take pictures of food...). We started our day at Rx (45th and Spruce) after hearing many people, my friend included, rave about their scrumptious brunch. Apparently there is a very yummy cafe nearby as well? Well have to check that out as everyone keeps disappointing me with their lack of foam in the cappuccinos.


Continued my brief french toast obsession with this amazinggg dish: oat bran crusted brioche with berry compote. It tasted like a decadent parfait...minus the yogurt...
Smoked Salmon with lots of tasty accompaniments
So someone once told me that they really didn't like it when blogs posted pictures that weren't related to the purpose of the blog which is pretty understandable. That's why I try to stick to pictures of food for my blog...but there are some pictures that I like too much not to share so bear with me on this one :)

My companion and I journeyed to Clark Park to take some shots of late fall after brunch only to find out that CP qweas under massive renovation...bulldozers and all. So after meandering aimlessly down Baltimore, we stumbled upon a random fountain (what is with Penn and these hidden water works?) which resulted in many many pictures of bubbles (among other things).

I think this was located at 38th and Baltimore. Right the Wawa on Spruce.
We were very excited to see bubbles on the water.
Like the reflection on this shot.
Right after talking about taking pictures of water droplets, I got the chance to try it out for myself!
Another reflection shot.
There's a leaf in there somewhere...

There is something about water that I absolutely love when taking photographs, probably has something to do with the amazing color. Anyways, hope everyone is enjoying their last day of break :)

LK

1 comment: