December 7, 2011

Recharge and Reboot

Thanksgiving inspired brunch specials at TapHouse.
French toast with a smattering of seasonal fruits and some fort of sweet gooey butter
Eggs Benedict over scrumptous stuffing
Ok I confess. I have indeed been one epic SLACKER this entire semester about blogging my eating adventures. Not that I haven't been eating or cooking but I've literally just been SLACKING about taking pictures and posting, but NO MORE (all these caps are clearly indicating how serious I am). Even though this is probably the worst time for me to finally update my blog with the dreaded corp val final in just a week and recruiting smushed in between - this blog has been looking too sad to be ignored much longer. You also know that I've been out of it for way too long because I did not realize blogger updated its interface and it makes posting so much better now (wow, good work Google).


Restaurant Week at Amada 

Finally found the time (at the beginning of the semester) to trek down to Amada in Olde City for Restaurant Week. Why it took me over 2 years to do this when my favorite restaurant is its sister tapas house 15 blocks up the street, I don't know. Maybe it was the restaurant week menu or maybe this type of "simple" tapas is not my style but the place couldn't manage to upseat Tinto. 

Ham Croquettes
Aged Manchego Cheese
Green Salad
Roasted Peppers and Eggplant
Flourless Chocolate Cake
Lemon Tort 
And a snapshot of my new roomies (and moi) from this year ;)

Restaurant Week at El Vez 
An (overly) satisfying meal at El Vez although my favorite part out of everything was the guacamole - will probably stick with the campus option of Distrito which offers the same dish and is only 2 blocks away 
El Vez Guacamole - tomato, onion, jalapeño, cilantro, lime
Tuna Tostada - seared tuna, corn tortillas, norita chile cream, pineapple salsa
Open Faced Shrimp Quesadilla - oaxaca and chihuahua cheeses, pasilla chile sauce
Negro Modela Braised Shortrib - green chile polenta, tomato escabeche, horseradish crema, pickled onions
Pollo Annatto - lancaster county chicken breast, achiote, poblano cornbread, chile relleño
Tres Leches Cake
Vanilla Flan 
So  I know that long posts are always a bad idea because your general tendency is to breeze through them but I've literally got an ENTIRE SEMESTER's worth of eating to cram into like 3 posts. Now the reason for all of this hasty show of foodie goodness is because in roughly two weeks or so, I will be frolicking through Southeast Asia (Manila, Bangkok, Phuket and Hong Kong to be exact) followed by which I will be in PRAGUE (and all of the rest of Central/Eastern/Western Europe) for a full semester of what else, but picture-taking and eating. And yes while I will always adore the eating of Philadelphia (probably more so than any other place - minus NYC), TapHouse is going to look a little sad compared to...whatever it is they eat in the Czech Republic. Upcoming: Southern eats, the benefits of being an official adult and cooking at home. 

No comments:

Post a Comment