September 28, 2011

The Rainbow after the Rain

Heirloom tomatoes + Basil + Mozzarella 

Sporadically rainy weather this week. I managed to dig these pictures out of my camera last week. I think I took these that night the big hurricane ravaged the East Coast not that we noticed since we were too busy munching away. Smitten Kitchen always has these beautiful shots of uber colorful vegetables so here's my rendition of that. 

I've always been obsessed with those  little pickled vegetables you get at Vietnamese restaurants. Awhile back, one of my foodie friends told me that you can make them yourself and it doesn't take 1039849384 days to marinate. A year later, I finally got around to making them myself :)
Veggies in a jar + marinate of simple sugar, salt and vinegar 
Nom nom nom nom...garnished with some mint from our herb garden. 

Mango Salsa + other randomness that was thrown in

Ok so cheese isn't a vegetable. Whatever. Its still colorful and that's the whole point of this post...hehe. Aged Cheddar on french bread. 
3 weeks since my last post...actually not as long as I thought. These past two weeks have been absolutely insane although (as always),  I did manage to find a few moments to get in some delicious eats especially since it was restaurant week! Stay tuned :) 

No comments:

Post a Comment